Work Hard, Have Fun, and Make History!
- We’ll prompt you to run a quick, online computer diagnostic to ensure your home computer meets our technical requirements for the job. We respect your privacy, and are only checking for the following technical requirements (and we’re sorry, but we don’t support laptops, Macs or Linux for this role):
- Windows 7
- 64-bit Operating System
- Windows Auto Update
- Antivirus Software
- Firewall Activated
- 5 MB/second or higher download speed Ethernet connection
- Base pay is $11.00/hour. Plus – think of the money you’ll save on gas, work clothes, and dining out when you work from home!
- Seasonal employees may remain with Amazon in a temporary capacity for up to six months, depending on business need. There may be opportunities for regular long term employment.
- Both full and part time opportunities are available, but hours for all staff increase substantially during our peak season (Thanksgiving through mid-January). A few weeks before and after December 25 is our busiest time.
- We’ll usually ask full timers to work overtime above 40 hours for a few weeks
- We’ll usually ask part timers who typically work 20-29 hours per week to scale up to 30-40 hours during this time
- Our Virtual Contact Center is open from 5AM – 11PM Pacific Standard Time. Some level of schedule flexibility is required and expected, as available shifts include days, afternoons, and evenings, typically one or both weekend days, and occasional overtime.
- If you’re a student, we’ll do our best to work around your school schedule.
- Flexible schedules are available for those who want the option. You can build the schedule that best matches your personal needs with the coverage we need in order to provide excellent service to our customers!
- It is highly likely that as a new hire, you’d start off on a late afternoon or evening shift, and will work at least one weekend day.
- 1+ years prior Customer Service Experience
- High School Diploma
- Must pass criminal background check
- Excellent computer skills; strong familiarity with Microsoft Office, email, chat, and the Internet
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to participate in and successfully complete, initial mandatory training (M-F for an average of 3 weeks). All training is completed from home!
- Ability to take any shift Sunday through Saturday from 5:00am to 11:00pm in your local time zone (set schedules will be assigned on your first day of work). Please note that most shifts for new hires will be evening shifts and will include one or both weekend days.
- Be able to attend an onsite new hire orientation in Salem, OR
- Your home address must be in the state of Oregon. Any applicants with home addresses outside of Oregon will not be considered.
- Have a desktop PC meeting the aforementioned technology requirements (No laptops or Macs)
- Have (or be able to obtain) Ethernet High Speed Internet (5mb/s download speed or better) from a reliable provider. Wireless internet is not permissible.
- Have (or be able to obtain) a dedicated analog telephone land line from a reliable carrier (must be installed before you can start)
- Secure, dedicated, and distraction-free home workspace (free from background noise and interruptions, i.e. spouse, children, roommate, pets, TV, etc.) for your entire shift
- Another means of communication (personal landline or cell phone, for emergency purposes only)
- Associate’s degree or higher
- 3+ years' experience as a customer service professional
- Prior experience working independently in a virtual environment
- Strong familiarity with online shopping and internet research
Well Good Luck if you live in these areas, and I hope that you do apply.
If someone lives in these areas and applies for the Jobs, I wish to have feedback from you, whoever you are. Leave me a comment as to how it went, if you got the Job or not, Please!!
Take Care everyone, and until next time......